Oct 20, 2006

Watch...and Pray

'Watch ye therefore: for ye know not when the master of the house cometh'

As a Catholic, I had been aware of this passage's significance in a general way, but since my cancer diagnosis two years ago, it has become a command that I know I must heed. What does it mean to 'watch'? Certainly, it means to pray and maybe for some, it is a direct call to spend time in Adoration. Perhaps it means keeping an eye on something. Maybe it means keeping an eye and one's efforts focused on work that needs to be done. Finally, it may mean to witness to something. For this reason, I am asking, indeed, pleading for your help in keeping an eye and mind on the MURDER of INNOCENTS that goes on in our city every Thursday, Friday and Saturday mornings at Planned Parenthood. I am also asking that you make a commitment to come out as a public witness for the unborn, unwanted, precious little ones who have no defense against the blade of the abortionist.

All you need to do is to make the commitment in your heart, in prayer, that you will make a public witness, and God will lead you as to when. For this reason, I am not asking at this time for a specific individual timetable. I understand that we all have to live out the trials, responsibilities and obligations of daily life. I also understand the distress that one can feel at making commitments that one cannot keep. So, I think it is best to keep it simple and just ask for the grace to come out to the 'sidewalk' someday soon.

On the practical side, I ask that you discern in what capacity your witness might take. There are three possibilities.

Sidewalk Counseling

Praying and milling about with signs.

Intercessory prayer in the Chapel at Problem Pregnancy during the killing hours.

If you are more comfortable with one or the other, then you can come out at any time and go to your 'post'.(I say this because when I first went out I had no idea what I was doing, where I should go or what I should be saying.) Ideally, we would want as many people at each of the posts as possible.

I will be holding a meeting at Problem Pregnancy in the next month or so. We can discuss ideas for signs, best places to position ourselves and who will do what. If you think you might attend, please email me with convenient times. Another possibility would be to discuss these things electronically. The idea here, though, is not to have meetings, but to get out on the street and save babies.

Finally, I would like to mention and thank Mark Bashour, Tommy Quinn and Fred Moriarty who have already witnessed for the unborn every Saturday, rain or shine, in season and out. May God reward them.

In Christ and Mary,

Nina Tsantinis, eugenia@pngusa.net

4 comments :

Anonymous said...

Nina, this is a wonderful posting. The Lord bless you and all involved at Problem Pregnancy of Worcester.

Would it be possible to have this published in the Catholic Free Press? Maybe a request to the Bishop might make it appear in the CFP.

JayG said...

I'll ask Nina to send it as a letter to the Editor, or as a Public Service Announcement.
Did you see Patricia's article and Guest Editorial in last week's CFP?

Anonymous said...

I no longer am getting the CFP, therefore am losing out on this aspect. Sorry..............

Anonymous said...

I just now brought up the CFP online. Was able to read what our Bishop has to say on voting. His article is excellent.

I just wished the CFP would allow the editorials and letters to the editor be accessable on line.