Jul 22, 2006

Speaking Truth to Gay Lobby Power

Massachusetts currently has a commission to help prevent suicide in gay and lesbian teenagers, funded with $250,000/year, the largest budget in the US of any State commission of this nature. The MA legislature funded the creation of a second Gay and Lesbian Youth Commission with 8 times the budget, $2Million. Governor Romney vetoed this. On July 19, the House voted first to sustain the veto (98-52), then flip-flopped 45 minutes later on a reconsideration, (104-44), overriding the Governor’s veto.

This is $2Million the Pro-Gay lobby will use to indoctrinate Public School Students of all ages through this new, independent "commission" made up of homosexual activists.

Rep. Phil Travis (D-Rehobeth) asked a legitimate question during the debate, “I would like to ask someone carrying this to come forward and say why we have to have a duplicate commission. This is a brand new section that is called gay youth commission. It is redundant and I would like to know the need for this and why it does not come under any state department whatsoever… Why do we need it? I don't think we do.”

But questioning Pro-Gay lobby motives is not tolerated.

Rep. Cheryl Coakley-Rivera (D-Hampden), attacked Rep. Travis for using "the church to excuse their hate and bigotry." She actually said that men like Rep. Travis must be stopped, so that they “don't continue to feed hate…This is why we need two commissions.”

Rep. Travis said, “if my lips said to you what that lady just said I said, I would apologize to all of you. I never spoke any word she said… If the [original] commission in place is doing its proper job and exposing children to different lifestyles, I accept that. It is the law… My point of view is different [on a second commission for all age public school students] and exposure at the earliest age is wrong and parents tell me that on a regular basis. My job is to not let this pass. It is not in the public interest. I stand on that premise. I do not attack any gay or straight person for any reason. I have never done that and am not going to start this evening. You are picking on me as a straight person and I resent that. I have great respect for the lady.”

Rep. Travis spoke the truth, but you never saw it in the news.

No comments :